Who was at the Bristol dinner?
- Sean Clark, Auto Choices
- Mark Yeandle, Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions
- Gareth Thomas, Hyundai
- Todd Williams, Arval
- Paul Turner, APD
- Keith Hawes, Nationwide Vehicle Contracts
- Ian Evans-Piper, Leasewell
- Andrew Starr, Blue Poppy Vehicle Solutions
- Nick Ratcliffe, Leasing Broker Federation
- Ralph Morton, Leasing Broker Federation
- Lee Jones, Kew Vehicle Leasing
- Piers Bambridge, Pike & Bambridge
- Paul Bulloch, Concept Vehicle Leasing
- John Henares, Concept Vehicle Leasing
- Colin Parnell, Vans Direct
- Steve Johnston, CVM Group
- Kevin Connor
HYUNDAI and APD gave two informal presentations at the yesterday evening’s Bristol broker dinner, which was attended by 17 guests.
Hyundai had a static display of the new Hyundai i30 and the Tucson SUV outside the hotel entrance, while Gareth Thomas, national contract hire and leasing manager for Hyundai, explained over drinks how the i30 range was due to expand.
There will be additions such as the estate and coupe, as well as the continued electrification of the whole Hyundai range.
Over diner, Paul Turner, APD’s CEO, explained how brokers could measure customer satisfaction using Net Promoter Scores – and the free customer experience health checks that APD was able to offer Leasing Broker Federation members in a special area created on APD’s site for Federation members.
Post dinner table conversation included the potential impact of forthcoming diesel legislation, the requirement for funders to be more forthcoming with EV rates, and the domino effect of the recent PSA-Opel/Vauxhall deal which has seen Volkswagen and FCA courting each other.
Paul Bulloch, managing director of Concept Vehicle Leasing, said: “It was a great dinner.
“The atmosphere and conversation was buoyant, and the presentations provided extra insight. It was good to see so many fellow brokers there, too.”