Other National Fleet Services broker awards included:
- Five Star Award for Excellence, sponsored by BVRLA: Lex Autolease, presented to Simon Beckett
- Best Newcomer: 21st Century Motors, presented to Mark Conway
- Best Administrator: Phil McGrory of Fleet Solutions Network
- Dealer Group of the Year: Inchcape Fleet, picked up by Steve Hughes and Dean Hanford
- Manufacturer of the Year: Nissan, presented to Neil Brerton
GET this! After just 24 months’ trading, the Lease Comparison brokerage has picked up the Broker of the Year award from National Fleet Services.
Presented at the annual National Fleet Services Conference at Ashorne Hill Conference Centre, Warwickshire, Ryan Park e and Joe Francis picked up the award on behalf of Lease Comparison.
Commenting on the award, operations manager Ryan Parke said: “2015 was an important year for Lease Comparison and I believe a lot of our growth has come from our ability to identify what our clients are really looking for – straightforward, professional advice and competitive funding.
“I think there are a lot of pressures on business of all sizes now to have a leaner, keener, greener fleet. We are expert at providing the most relevant information so our customers can spend less time researching vehicles and legislation and more time running their business with the vehicles they need.”
The awards were part of an informative conference for National Fleet Services brokers designed to reflect the changing landscape of financial regulation, taxation and low emission choices, with a range of industry speakers. These included:
- The impact of forthcoming taxation changes, Nige O’Shea, Professional Inspirations
- Air quality targets and ultra low emission vehicles, Paul Gambrell, Energy Saving Trust
- The benefits of joining the Small Fleet Leasing Federation, Ralph Morton, Business Car Manager
- Managing ongoing FCA compliance, Claire Wilkinson, Compliancy Services
- The role of the Financial Ombudsman, Anna Whitelock and Laura McCormack, Financial Ombudsman Service
- BVRLA membership and services, Jay Palmer, BVRLA
Chris Rouse, managing director of National Fleet Services, added: “We thought it important to demonstrate to our brokers that they are not lone operators, but are part of a much bigger picture outside the walls of their office, that they are engaged in a movement that is changing vehicle usage. I think our range of speakers demonstrated just that.”
Funders who attended the conference included Ty Smith (Arval), David McLaughlin (ALD Automotive), Richard Frazer (Hitachi Capital Car Solutions), Leon Brown (Network), Simon Beckett (Lex Autolease) and Nickie Conde (Alphabet).
It wasn’t all serious conference stuff, though.
In the evening delegates were whisked to Warwick Castle for a blast through the past in the castle’s dungeons before dinner and knavish antics in the Great Hall.