FIRST, the Leasing Broker Awards have been designed to make it as simple as possible for you to enter.
Second, do not be put off. There are awards for all sectors in the market, from the smallest to the largest: we want to celebrate everyone’s achievements in the broker field.
“Entering the awards is good for your business; to get shortlisted adds credibility to your customer proposition, while winning a category rubber stamps it,” explained Jo Elms, chair of the judges (left).
Jo added: “I shall also be instructing the judges – in the categories that are not defined by sales volumes – to take into account the size of the brokerage and the resources they have to enter an award. I think it’s important to recognise that not all brokers have access to expensive marketing expertise, and this should be taken into consideration by the judges.”
So, with that in mind, here are my five top tips to help with your entry:
- Answer all the questions – simple, but…
- Talking about simple, keep it simple. Not everyone can get the help of a marketing company/department to assist with entries. The judges aren’t expecting Shakespeare, but they will want clarity. And detail. So support your entry with relevant material.
- Judges will be looking for evidence that you have thought about every element of what you are trying to achieve. So, if it’s sales expansion, do you have the staff and training in place to support this growth? Have you upgraded IT systems and processes? How will you support customer service with greater volume?
- Don’t prevaricate. Entries close on September 01. Get to work on your entry
- Ask us! Call the office on 0203 773 6138 with any questions you have. We have already helped several brokerages who have contacted us with clarification on what’s required. What we won’t do is the entry for you, though! But we are very happy to help with advice.
Here are some of the judges remarks from last year to help you identify where entries fell down; or succeeded:
- “Lack of depth, lack of true CS initiatives. Example ‘OK’, lacked process details.”
- “No clear example to show how they measure success for customer service.”
- “An excellent, full and detailed submission supported by a healthy growing fleet for the last 3 years. The after care, based on the Account Manager and Concept Team showed the focus stays with the customer even after vehicle delivery”
So that’s it. Get your entries in – the deadline is September 01. And good luck!