BRIDGEND based broker Leasewell is currently developing an AI chatbot. Assistance is being provided from Business Wales and the University of Wales.
Ian Evans-Piper, Managing Director of the van leasing specialist, said the idea was to create a chatbot that takes a customer through vehicle choice to completion without human intervention.
“People don’t want to talk anymore,” said Evans-Piper.
“They want to chat on WhatsApp or Messenger. I had one example where, after 30 conversations on WhatsApp I called the potential buyer of a part-exchange van. And it killed the lead. I couldn’t believe it.
Evans-Piper made the announcement at the launch of the company’s finished new offices.
Leasewell has moved across the industrial estate into a former bodyshop unit from its previous premises. Evans-Piper said it has allowed the company to expand its office space and also take in part-exchange vans for inspection and valeting prior to re-sale.
Evans-Piper made the announcement at an unveiling of its newly refurbished offices.
- 2012 Established
- Mar 2014 moved into first office on industrial estate
- Apr 2014 took on first employee
- Oct 2014 expanded office
- Nov 2015 won first award from the Leasing Broker Federation
- Mar 2017 Evans-Piper bought out business partners
- Oct 2017 Moved into new premises to take in p/xs
- Oct 2017 15th place in Wales Fast Growth 50
- Oct 2018 39th pace in Wales Fast Growth 50 having invested for growth
- Oct 2019 looking to expand; reduced all unnecessary costs